Thursday, March 7, 2013

CHEERS!!!!


I have had this set for some time and not really used it much. So I decide to design a card that would be a good one for a workshop/party. It uses a few different techniques but not to daunting for new stampers too. The first is the simple embossed DSP background - I used the Colour Families DSP stacks for all the DSPs - the background one is Bashful Blue and the other two are More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler. The glasses were coloured with Stampin' Markers so the glass and liquid could be different colours and then cut out. To stop them 'floating' on the card I punched a oval out of some scrap paper and used the hole as a stencil. Then lastly I stamped the 'cheers' - also coloured with the Basic Black Stampin' Marker as our Basic Black stamp pad is not available to be used on Whisper White as it won't dry BUT the marker pen DOES!! It also gives it a good solid look.
I think this card has a bit of a retro feel to it - which is oh so trendy at the mo! thanks for visiting my blog :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment