Wednesday, February 27, 2013

with sympathy


One of the card that we have to make from time to time is a sympathy card. No one likes that we need these cards as it means that a sad event has occurred. But we do know that these cards do bring comfort to those receiving them, knowing that you are thinking of them during their sad time.
This particular card I made for some neighbours when I heard that the father had past away. I hadn't met the gentlemen with him being sick the whole time we've been at this house so it did make it a little difficult so I went fairly neutral. I used the big stamp from My Friend set - stamping it in Baja Breeze. I then went over some parts with the Baja Breeze marker pen to add some shading and also used the Marina Mist marker pen on the storks. I then added some white gel pen to give the highlight on the stamp too. I added some strips of Linen Thread to carry the neutral look to it all and mounted it on Crumb Cake card base.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful job you have made of this card, with all the shading, I'm asure it will be most appreciated. TFS.

    ReplyDelete