Tuesday, February 19, 2013

what do you call them??? - twisted easel card




Last night on Crafters Anonymous we made this card. Now here in New Zealand we call them 'jandals', Australian's call them 'thongs' (we call a version of underwear 'thong' in New Zealand hehehe) and I think everyone else calls them 'flip flops'. Regardless on what you call them we all have a pair we wear in summer. My boy like black and white ones so I thought I would make a masculine version. So I actually cut two bases (one black -for the underneath part) and I embossed the white part with the chevron embossing folder. I coloured the 1/4" taffeta ribbon completely with black marker to make it more solid in colour. To make the 'dude' I stamped some of the sentiments from Up Up and Away stamp set (which I also used on the inside of the card) and cut our roughly the ones I wanted. The brackets are from the Sale-a-bration set Pretty Petties and finally the 'arrow' from the Cute Clips - Hung Up.

The card itself is a twisted easel card. The arrow paper clip is holding it up, it makes a nice change to a 'normal' easel card. Like the Mum on Miranda would say - "such fun!" hehe
Photobucket

1 comment: