Friday, February 22, 2013

leopard print background


Here is my attempt at a leopard print look. I decided I should give it a go after making the below stencil for my cloud card yesterday. I used a variety of colours and sponges to get the effect I wanted. Probably if I was to do it again I would create a stencil with the 'holes' closer together. The dress is from the All Dressed Up framlits and I embossed it. I cut the center part of the paper clip coat hanger so I looked less fussy. The tag/ticket says "fashionably happy' which are words from the All Dressed Up stamp set, but the whole stamp says something like 'happy birthday - fashionably late' which I didn't want so I cut out the words I wanted and attached them to the ticket. I coloured the linen thread so it didn't look so 'earthy' lol!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the terrible earthquake in Canterbury that killed 185 people. My thoughts are with all those affected by the quakes. Also a good friend and ex neighbour lost her mum this morning too so BIG hugs to Joyce and her family.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment