Monday, February 25, 2013

be a tall poppy!


I am known to enjoy my shopping and when I came across this lovely cup at a New Zealand shop called Stevens I just HAD to purchase it as I knew it was so much like our Poppy Background stamp. I raced home and created this card just to prove it! lol
I stamped the image after colouring the stamp with my Stampin' Up! Marker pen, the stems with Wild Wasbi and the flowers with Real Red. Then I went over the stamped image - this time I used Certainly Celery on the stems and buds and coloured in the flowers again with Real Red and highlighted the shadows with Cherry Cobbler and a bit of Basic Black for the centers. Really pleased how it came out and I enjoyed making it cause it doesn't matter how old you are you still enjoy 'colouring in'!!! hehe


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love how the cup you found is decorated on the inside, too ~ just like our cards!

    At first look I thought you had somehow stamped it as it so similar to the stamp!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely Julia :-) and the mug and card look made for each other! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one to see the world with Stampin' Up! glasses LOL I definitely see the colors, for sure... today, I am wearing a Pool Party sweater HAHA I see other stuff, too... "You know you're a Stampin' Up! junkie when..."

    ReplyDelete