Monday, April 23, 2012

bright and bold for a 100 year old!


A family friend is turning 100 soon and she is nearly blind so I had to make a card that was big (it's twice the size of an average card), bright and lots of textures. I think I achieved it - it's not everyday I work with Daffodil Delight! I used the NEW edgelits dies and matching embossing folders, and of cause the NEW framelits! I crimped the Attic Boutique DSP for more texture. I used dimensionals for lifting the layers on the card. I have even used Crystal Effects on the 100 so she can feel it as well as see them (hopefully!)
And I topped it off with a HUGE bow! I hope she likes it. 

3 comments:

  1. Julia, this is magnificent. All the texture adds so much to this pretty oversize card. I am sure that your friend will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this looks gorgeous. What an amazing card. I'm sure she will love it (and everyone that sees it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely card. I love how you have put all the different textures and elements into the card. A card that she will be able to truly appreciate.

    ReplyDelete