Thursday, September 8, 2011

my hubby's fathers day card


Here is the card I made for my kids to give their dad for Father's Day last Sunday. My husband collects guitars which means between him and the kids we have 8 guitars (plus a ukulele) and they all like rock music (both kids are in rock bands) so we went for a rock themed card.
I did the guitar on white card with black heat embossing powder. The ribbon I sponged to get the red in it - and take the vanilla out of it! lol
The back ground image was a HEAP of different stamps that I stamped with Versamark and then embossed it with silver embossing powder. I did each stamp one at a time but it all melted into one piece which is great!.
I love texture and so I used a scrap piece of acetate and put it thru the Big Shot and the lattice embossing folder then wiped the Stazon Black ink pad over it (see below pic). I was really pleased how these things went together. and he side the card was 'cool'. A man of few words is my man! hee hee


2 comments:

  1. Very cool card, Jules. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card Julia- I love everything about it- perfect- debi x

    ReplyDelete