Friday, August 19, 2011

another cool Crafters Anonymous technique night



Last night we had one of our fortnightly technique classes where you learn a technique rather than complete a whole project. Last night Anne taught us the ghosting technique where you stamp an image first in Whisper White then when dry over stamp - slightly off from the white image - to create an almost 3D 'embossed' look.
This isn't the best photo as it was taken at night - actually usually when we do classes the CA Team have prepared their samples as we always try out the tutorials before the class but last night I didn't get a chance pre make it so I was like all the other crafters following along the class. It was a great time, the buzz of it all was AWESOME!!! I for some reason chose a large stamp that I was having trouble inking up and holding the stampin-ma-jig at the same time but I think you get the drift! lol
I made the frilly ribbon by using the heat tool on it, be careful that you burn the ribbon - it doesn't take much heat to make the ribbon curl. The scallop bits around the oval is just a strip of scallop boarder that you cut down to 1cm from top of scallop then do little snips every 5mm or so which makes it easy to bend it around the oval. Try it with different boarder punches - they all create different looks. You can also put it thru the crimper to make bigger boarders easier to bend. Lots of fun things to try!!
The next online technique class I am teaching at - it's a goodie (well I think so but I am bias! lol)
Email me julia.leece@vodafone.co.nz if you would like to know more about joining the Crafters Anonymous site - it's only $20AUD per year.

No comments:

Post a Comment