Monday, July 4, 2011

Back to crafting - YIPPEE!!!

and why not start with a card for a new born!! This card is for my old (not in the age sense! lol although she IS one year older exactly than me! hehe) neighbour Joyce's son and daughter-in-law who had their first baby last week. As you can guess it's a little girl (Bethani-Grace to be exact!) and I went with the button theme. I LOVE both the Button, Button stamp set ($62.95 wood mount, $49.95 clear mount for 17 stamps) and matching BigShot Sweet Buttons embosslit ($26.50) which creates the 3D buttons. I used DSP from the Subtle's pattern pack ($45.95 for 40 sheets double sided) to make my card base which works great as long as you layer some card stock on the inside as well as the out side like I have here with Pretty in Pink and Whisper White. I popped up the pink buttons with dimensionals to give them of the 3D look.


Since I had the embosslite out I did a few more colours - Bashful Blue, So Saffron and Pear Parfait. This time I didn't do any stamping of buttons but I did pop up the blue ones to give some depth. Here is a picture so you can see the effect the popped up ones give.


Also this time I used Bashful Blue card for my base and added the DSP from the same Subtles pattern pack. The little 'Welcome Baby" is a single stamp called Sweet Unlimited ($14.50) and is perfect for baby cards and other themed projects.

**all prices are in New Zealand dollars.

3 comments:

  1. 2 great cards Julia- great to see you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous and you have me really tempted to get the button stamps and die now. I wasn't particularly interested before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective cards with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete