Friday, April 29, 2011

Son's 16th birthday card



Making a card for a teenage boy can often be the hardest type to make. I knew I wanted to use the Extreme Guitar stamp as my son is a guitar mad rocker! lol But how to make the rest of the card was the hard part. OK I knew I could use the music wheel as he is so into music but what then??? I went through ALL my Stampin' Up! DSP and was rapt when I found this zig-zaggy paper and then remembered the Bday Party Rub-ons had the same colours as this DSP so I thought they would make the card look like it was covered in graffiti!. Finally the ribbon was just enough to finish off the card, to help balance with the 2 brads on the right.
I really enjoy making these 'messy' type of card - hopefully son will enjoy it too!!
SO Happy 16th Birthday Aaron!! xx

3 comments:

  1. he is legal now Julz how scary. Great card I am sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elements and colours work wonderfully together Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Aaron! And awesome card, Jules - you're right, a big ask making a teenaged boy's card. You hit the nail on the head, babe!

    ReplyDelete