Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Razzleberry Birthday



Isn't Rich Razzleberry such a lovely colour!! I started by stamping the bird - after I coloured the stamp directly with two coloured markers - Rich Razzleberry again and Chocolate Chip. Then stamped over the bird with a cage from the Aviary set (with Early Espresso) using my Stampin'-Ma-Jig to ensure I got it just where I wanted it. I cut it out and placed it on the top of the stand. To make the shaded area where the stand sits was done by punching out a small oval out of some scrap card and used the hole as a stencil and lightly sponged it.
But I realised half way thru the card that Stampin' Up! don't have a DSP (designer series paper) with Very Vanilla and Razzleberry in it so I used the new Presto Paper and created my own! The Presto paper is whiteish and has clear embossing on it so if you brayer, stamp or sponge like I did here it brings out the pattern - just like resist embossing. This paper is in the new Summer Mini too.
I added my favourite Happy Birthday stamp from Well Scripted and the matching Big Shot die for behind it. Lastly the luscious Rich Razzleberry satin ribbon just finishes it off. Layered it on some Early Espresso and a Razzleberry card base and it's all ready to give to my niece for her birthday next month - she is bird crazy!! lol
I have a cool project to show you tomorrow so be sure to come back!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This is really lovely Julia. I couldn't wait to get the Presto Paper (like everything) and I still haven't used it.

    ReplyDelete