Sunday, January 30, 2011

photoless scrap booking



I know - it sounds weird but the point of scrap booking is to tell/share/remember a memory. So they don't have to have a photo to achieve that. I have joined a scrapbook group that challenges you to produce a scrapbook page every month - telling something from that month. So I decided since I hadn't got any photos printed I would make my January page about feelings. It is about the past year which I was pleased to see the end of and it is 'time' now to move forward and embrace the new year.
I love doing pages in this colour scheme - called heritage. They are all neutrals, I have used textured Very Vanilla for the base, Crumb Cake with 'Friends' wheeled on it and Early Espresso as the bolt behind the music from the 'Newsprint' DSP. The clock stamp is of cause from 'Sense of Time' (along with the sentiment) which is white embossed on Soft Suede. The lace is out of the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini which I just LOVE!! I also coloured the paper flowers by painting them with water then dropping drops of ink on them and letting them do their own thing. Finished off with some sponging, a few pearls and some of the lovely antique brads and it's done.
Lot's of people say they find it hard to do full sized (12"x12") with only Stampin' Up! products but as you can see - it's not that hard. The quality of the products that Stampin' Up! have makes it a delight to work with and of cause it's soooooooo easy too as they all co-ordinate so well!!

Hope you are enjoying your Auckland Anniversary Weekend (if you are lucky enough to be living in the Auckland area!) and spending some time crafting!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, i love looking at all of the things you do with the stamping up products! so inspirational. I met your daughter before christmas looking at christmas lights with her grandma. She is an awesome girl! hope she is getting on well with all her baking and decorating! do you hold any classes in the evenings ever? Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful layout Julia, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout...sigh, I wish I could scrap (yes 12x12 seems such a big space).

    ReplyDelete