Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Add Christmas


This week over on Just Add Ink the theme is CHRISTMAS so I decided to make these cool as baubles. They are made using the Stampin' Up! sweet treat cups. The other day on a team forum someone posted a request for Christmas decorations made using the cups so I am one not to let a challenge go unattempted (no that isn't a real word but it is in MY WORLD! lol) ! I made a few variations. These one are probably my favourites but I made some non snow globe ones which I will post tomorrow.
They are REALLY easy to make. I stamped a piece of acetate with Stazon and then cut it out using the #2 circle Bigz die with the Stampin' Up! Big Shot machine. I then put some chunky glitter on the bottom of the cup and carefully poured water into the cup. The biggest trick is not to put to much water in so it goes on the sticky surrond otherwise it wont seal and you will have a wet mess - a very pretty one with all the glitter but still a mess! heehee
Then I just decorated them from there. You can use your Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top of the ring to thread some ribbon thru without damaging the seal.
I would LOVE to see what you come up with - please send me a link to your blog when you post them julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz or if you would like me to come to your place to teach you and some friends how to do these, then email me too!!

4 comments:

  1. THese are great Julie. How clever. Thanks for playing along with JAI this week. Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great are they, would be nice for a kids class....or maybe not could get very wet...

    ReplyDelete