Thursday, October 28, 2010

JOY WREATH

I know I promised another Holiday Line card but I will show you that in the weekend! hehe
Today I have made this really cool wreath so I thought I would give it at a quick tutorial. The full tutorial PDF will be available FOR FREE as soon as I can work out how to attach it to here! LOL


Meanwhile you are welcome to email me direct julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz

TUTORIAL

Start with a foam ring and cover it with ink using a stamp pad.

Cut 60-80 leaves in two colours using the Big Shot Leaves #2 Original Die.

Adhere the leaves from the outside edge first, then the inside edge. It is best to bend the leaves for the remaining part to cover with your bone folder to help them bend around the ring.



Attached a piece of ribbon around the outside edge and secure with a pin. Attach enough ribbon to hang it from at top of wreath and top off with a bow.


Cut a piece of card stock and trim the edges to create a ribbon look. Using your bone folder again curl the card a bit then attach it to the wreath with Sticky Strip.
To add more detail I added red brads by the leaves to look like berries.


It's that easy!!








3 comments:

  1. Wow- looks so effective - a lot of leaves though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Julia, the size is really cute! Would love one of these on my stall table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis looks great Julia, mind you, I would not have the patience to sit and do this lol, but you have done a fab job, well done :)

    ReplyDelete