Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Diorama Cards





I have been wanting to make one of these cards for a while and in the weekend my upline Jacque Pederson demonstrated one and I was inspired to create one too!! Well actually I have made three now hehe!
This one I made for a friend and fellow demo Yvonne for her 50th birthday. I used the colour challenge (#25) over on Just Add Ink as a starting point - may as well enter a challenge while creating! Remember to click on the blinkie on the right hand side to go direct to the Just Add Ink blog.
So the challenge was to use Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede & Elegant Eggplant. So I used the lovely Vintage Vogue stamp set and Very Vintage Jumbo wheel. I coloured some of the wheel stamp in with Rose Red and Elegant Eggplant, sponged the edges with Rose Red and used the roll technique to get the flowers looking like that. I added some pearls from the Pretties Kit, a bit of Elegant Eggplant ribbon (can you see it at the back?) These cards are a little difficult to take photos of due to the layering but I hope you can get the idea. I had to stamp an envelope to match too! Always add's a nice touch.
I have two more samples of these diorama cards - so come back tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. Wow - this is gorgeous! Must look into how to make these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely diorama card - a real work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Julia - I bet Yvonne loved it. (I still can't believe she's 50 - I thought she was 40!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable & glad to see someone use that f for friend stamp so beautifully

    ReplyDelete