Friday, June 18, 2010

a cup full of cups!


You know when you have really good cuppa but when it's empty you still want more? hehe
well here's a stack of em! The cups are a CASE from the Stampin' Up! convention in Sydney. Pam made a lovely stack of four cards and each card had another cup added to it.
It's a fun technique where you mask out what you have already stamped. This stamp is one of our 'a la carte' stamps where you buy just one stamp - check out the back page of the Autumn-Winter mini catalogue. Contact me if you haven't got one!!
The background is another cool thing. You might not be able to see but the white dots are embossed. I inked up my brayer with the yummy Rich Razzleberry ink and then inked one half the Lots of Dots big shot embossing folder, then ran it thru the big shot with a piece of Whisper White card stock. What happens is that colour doesn't go into the 'grooves' that create the dots leaving them unstamped. You could do the same with sponging on to the folders to, be great with different colour inks!!
The other colours on the card is Temping Turquoise and Melon Mambo.

I am off to a Team Training tomorrow with lots of demo's from all over New Zealand so I am sure I will come back with lots of ides and skills to share with you.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, Julia - and I loved the demonstration you gave us all yesterday. Such a great 'recap' of Convention projects, and so good to see them again up close. And so fabulous to spend the day with our great team - thanks for making it even more special.

    ReplyDelete