Wednesday, February 3, 2010

VIVA LAS VEGAS!


This is going along way from the soft and pretty of the last card I posted! I nicknamed it 'Viva Las Vegas' cause it reminded me of that famous city.

It's made with the Designer Series Paper (DSP) is called Kaleidoscope and its from the Summer Mini Catalogue. I have matched it with Pretty in Pink and Tempting Turquoise which are two of the colours in this vibrant paper.

The pinwheel is easy to make using the 1 3/8" square punch. The 'Build a Brad' adds to the card due to the ability to punch out the 1/2" circle pf DSP that goes in it. Aren't all the products the Stampin' Up! have great! I have finished it off with some Dazzling Diamonds.

I got the inspiration for the pinwheel from a magazine. I love looking at crafting mags as you can pick up great tips, designs, inspiration and a lot of admiration for the great card makers and scrapbookers of this world. Stampin' Up!'s Idea Book and Catalogue is just the same, fill of cool ideas on how to get the most out of your supplies. If you haven't got hold of a copy yet, you can view it on line by clicking on the Stampin' Up! logo to the right or by contacting me to purchase a bound hard copy for $14.95 (NZ dollars). julia.leece@slingshot.co.nz


thanks again for viewing

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Julia-it does have a Las Vegas feel to it!! Loving the pinwheel and the matching Brad. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete